The study of the relationship between living organisms and weather.
More example sentences
- He received a doctorate in biometeorology from Leeds University in 1981 and it was during his study there that he met Mandy, whom he married at a ceremony at St James's Church, Hebden Bridge, in 1980.
- Though preliminary, scientific studies back up the notion that weather affects your health, says a biometeorology professor at Utah State University in Logan.
- Pollen flight, hypersensitivity to changes in the weather, UV-radiation and also the bioclimate and air quality are just some of the aspects of human biometeorology.
- More example sentences
- ‘The ICNIRP assessment ignores the large volume of epidemiological and biometeorological studies that do show adverse health effects.’
- What are the biometeorological factors which influence carbon dioxide exchange and the energy budget?
- We have carried out several experiments, and developed several analytical techniques following and surpassing our objectives on the biometeorological aspects of our projects.
Definition of biometeorology in:
- The British & World English dictionary