Definition of biomimetic in English:
Relating to or denoting synthetic methods that mimic biochemical processes.
- Having tried to design nanosystems for almost a decade, he recently turned to biomimetic principles (mimicking nature) with promising results.
- Polymers play an important role in many biological systems, so a fundamental understanding of their cross-links is crucial not only for the development of medicines but also for the development of biomimetic materials.
- This concentration effect was also observed in biomimetic systems.
- Example sentences
- Supported lipid bilayers are popular as model systems for cell membranes and are promising for future applications in diagnostic devices and biomimetics.
- Against this backdrop, it is easy to see why several funding agencies have expanded the area of research in biomimetics - in particular, biomimetic electromagnetic sensing.
- Building a scorpion based on biologically derived design principles is the basis of a new discipline called biomimetics, or the mimicking of nature.
Definition of biomimetic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan