A biological macromolecule or cellular component, such as a blood product, used as a pharmaceutical.
- The second area where we have enormous strength is in our core technical competencies, which enable us to conduct effective product development in pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, and devices.
- Biotechnology is expected to contribute massively to the global economy, largely through the introduction of recombinant DNA technology to the production of biopharmaceuticals.
- These new GM crops, known as biopharmaceuticals, or biopharms for short, produce industrial and pharmaceutical chemicals within their tissues.
Relating to biopharmaceuticals, or their preparation, use, or sale: biopharmaceutical proteins the biopharmaceutical industry
More example sentences
- SmithKline Beecham decided on Singapore, rather than Australia, to build a $100 million biopharmaceutical plant.
- Nationally, approximately 1,400 biopharmaceutical companies are developing - by the industry's own count - perhaps 350 drugs.
- The firm plans to construct a biopharmaceutical manufacturing centre in Ringaskiddy, Co Cork, creating an estimated 330 jobs.
Definition of biopharmaceutical in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.