- Bioprospecting that exploits plant and animal species by claiming patents to restrict their general use.More example sentences
- According to People and the Planet, environmentalists in some Third World countries now link ecotourism with biopiracy.
- Some have suggested that biopiracy happens because Indian knowledge is not documented.
- Concrete examples of the effect of biopiracy on indigenous communities aren't hard to find.
More definitions of biopiracyDefinition of biopiracy in:
- The British & World English dictionary