Definition of biorhythm in English:
1A recurring cycle in the physiology or functioning of an organism, such as the daily cycle of sleeping and waking.
- The pineal gland is thought to be involved in the maintenance of daily and seasonal biorhythms as well as in the timing of reproduction.
- Studies indicate that light regulation and control of biorhythms are functionally interrelated and possibly have a common evolutionary origin.
- Yet, it is increasingly common for people to override basic biorhythms and ignore the biological signals for sleep.
1.1A cyclic pattern of physical, emotional, or mental activity said to occur in the life of a person.
- Actress Susan St. James, a fervid believer in biorhythms, once described on a television talk show how she had done this.
- Sometimes you get tired quicker, there's all sorts of biorhythms, all other factors that can help, but mental toughness I think it comes with the territory of training and preparation.
- For example, there are very many people who do not fit the predicted patterns of biorhythm theory.
- Example sentences
- It didn't ultimately matter and nothing did apart from the outcome of a showpiece the combatants entered at biorhythmic opposites.
- It may have been biorhythmic testosterone adjustment but it was probably more the polls.
- The Sorrells use a computer program that spits out something from the I Ching for each of the 512 biorhythmic combos of their system.
Words that rhyme with biorhythmfathom • rhythm
Definition of biorhythm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.