Definition of bioscience in English:
Any of the life sciences.
- It is has changed in the 21st century with genetic engineering and the biosciences shift to human cloning.
- The university is set to invest a further €16 million in a new biosciences and electronic engineering facility.
- Engineering and medicine apart, the biosciences are throwing up lots of cushy jobs.
- Example sentences
- Our figures include foreign as well as domestic citations, because 40 percent of all paper citations in U.S. agricultural biotech patents now cite papers written by foreign bioscientists.
- It is interesting to recall that bioscientists unlike those involved in the Manhattan Project, seem to have been sensitized to the need for keeping in sight the ethical consequences of their research.
- From the portrayal of bioscientists by the media, the public is given the impression that critics of GM constitute a tiny minority among the research community.
Definition of bioscience in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan