noun[often as modifier]
- Procedures intended to protect humans or animals against disease or harmful biological agents: biosecurity risksMore example sentences
- Vets have the responsibility of ensuring that we look after the animal welfare, biosecurity, and food safety of this nation.
- Officials would also have to be satisfied that all necessary biosecurity procedures were in place to prevent any risk of spreading the disease.
- Successful biosecurity plans manage the risk of disease transmission.
More definitions of biosecurityDefinition of biosecurity in:
- The British & World English dictionary