- The exploitation of biological processes for industrial and other purposes, especially the genetic manipulation of microorganisms for the production of antibiotics, hormones, etc..More example sentences
- As you can see, biotechnology is a growth industry no student can afford to ignore.
- Advances in biotechnology and genetic engineering are making it easier to manufacture and handle other agents.
- Out of the knowledge acquired by modern biology, modern biotechnology is growing.
More definitions of biotechnologyDefinition of biotechnology in:
- The British & World English dictionary