noun (plural biotherapies)
- The treatment of disease using substances obtained or derived from living organisms.More example sentences
- The use of maggots is part of a larger category of medicine in which living organisms, like leeches or bees, are used as a direct part of treatment, a class of procedures known as biotherapy.
- BresaGen, Ltd. is an Australian biotechnology company committed to the discovery and commercial development of innovative biotherapies.
- Reports of the use of leeches in plastic surgery and maggots in dermatology raise the question of which other animals may be of benefit, a concept some call ‘biotherapy.’
More definitions of biotherapyDefinition of biotherapy in:
- The British & World English dictionary