- The alteration of a substance, such as a drug, within the body.More example sentences
- Medication clearance and excretion occur by two major mechanisms: hepatic metabolism or biotransformation and renal excretion.
- It is unlikely to be a direct effect and is probably a result of biotransformation of the drug in the lung to reactive metabolites and/or oxygen species that damage lung cells.
- Other recognized factors leading to medication allergy are pre-existing allergies and presence of diseases that interfere with medication biotransformation and excretion.
More definitions of biotransformationDefinition of biotransformation in:
- The British & World English dictionary