(also birdsfoot trefoil)
A small plant of the pea family with leaves that consist of three leaflets, yellow flowers streaked with red, and triple pods that resemble the feet of a bird.
- Lotus corniculatus, family Leguminosae
More example sentences
- Plants thriving on the meadows include oxeye daisy, yellow-rattle, meadowsweet, bird's-foot trefoil and common knapweed.
- Bird's-foot trefoil (Lotus corniculatus L.) is a perennial forage legume used for pasture, hay and silage in many regions of the world.
- The clear yellow flowers of the greater bird's-foot-trefoil are at the top of the stem.
Definition of bird's-foot trefoil in:
- The British & World English dictionary