- A Chinese soup made from the dried gelatinous coating of the nests of swifts and other birds.More example sentences
- The eponymous ingredient of Chinese bird's nest soup is an expensive delicacy.
- Malaysian entrepreneurs are dishing out tens thousands of dollars to convert old buildings into the birdhouses to attract the birds whose nests are used to make the wildly popular Chinese delicacy, bird's nest soup.
- The same researcher, Massimo Marcone, has looked at the composition of swallow nests used in bird's nest soup, finding that the protein structure from the saliva is similar to eggs.
More definitions of bird's nest soupDefinition of bird's nest soup in:
- The British & World English dictionary