The practice of catching birds, marking them with an identifying band around the leg, and then releasing them.
More example sentences
- This early experiment in American bird banding paid off: Audubon was delighted to see the birds he had marked return the next year.
- Now, researchers use bird banding to track a range of avian activities.
- This fall's bird banding will take place from October 6th through the 18th.
- More example sentences
- However, as an ornithologist and bird bander whose specialty is hummingbirds, I was surprised to read the author's assertion that hummingbirds cannot be banded due to risk of injury and impaired flight.
- In the United States, John James Audubon may have been the first bird bander.
- Tom is a photographer, but even cooler than that is a master bird bander.
Definition of bird banding in:
- The British & World English dictionary