Definition of bird cherry in English:
A small wild cherry tree or shrub, with bitter black fruit that is eaten by birds.
- Genus Prunus, family Rosaceae: many species, including the pin cherry (P. pensylvanica) of North America
- Nearly six hectares have been put in with a mix of ash, alder, downey birch, and sessile oak along with secondary species of rowan, goat willow, bird cherry and a lower shrub layer of hazel and hawthorn.
- He says that the caterpillars are ermine moths, which weave silk tents over bird cherry and other fruit trees.
- The wood of oak, hazel, rowan, alder, willow, juniper, ash, bird cherry and aspen will take shape on the shores of Loch Katrine over the next 20 years using thousands of acres of land leased to the Forestry Commission.
Definition of bird cherry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan