A person who observes birds in their natural surroundings as a hobby.
More example sentences
- Do bird-watchers, by watching birds, influence the behavior of the birds they are watching?
- We can no longer maintain the old Cartesian view that we can observe Nature like a bird-watcher with a perfect hide.
- No precise data on West Nile-related deaths are available for wild crows, but bird-watchers have noted far fewer of the birds in certain areas where they once thrived.
- More example sentences
- Walter, who has hung up a bird feeder outside his apartment window, meets and chats up an 11-year-old girl who is bird-watching in a neighborhood park.
- There'd be a spot for sunbathing, another for bird-watching.
- There has been a lot of work gone into this accreditation and it really sets this area up as being the capital for bird-watching and study.
Definition of birdwatcher in:
- The British & World English dictionary