Definition of biserial in English:
1Referring to the correlation between two sets measurements, one of which is dichotomous.
- The point biserial correlation allows the researcher to correlate continuous and dichotomous data.
- In addition, point biserial correlations between items reflecting patient concerns and demographic measures were analyzed.
- To test whether or not altruists and non-altruists express different nonverbal behaviours during a self-presentation, point biserial correlation coefficients were calculated.
1.1 Botany & Zoology Arranged in or consisting of two series or rows.
- For instance, they cannot model gradual or abrupt changes of growth modes that cause different chamber arrangements during ontogeny, such as planispiral and switching to biserial or streptospiral to uniserial.
- As in non - stelleroid echinoderms, asteroid ambulacrals form a biserial column.
- Uniserial budding produces a chain (runner or branch) one zooid wide, whereas, colonies that are biserial, zooids share one wall and result in a strip two zooids wide.
Definition of biserial in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia