A synthetic organic compound used in the manufacture of epoxy resins and other polymers.
- A bicyclic phenol; chemical formula: C(CH3)2(C6H4OH)2
More example sentences
- Epoxy resins are typically based on the polymerization reaction of bisphenol A with epichlorohydrin.
- Certain plastics contain plasticisers (such as bisphenol A and phthalates) which mimic the action of oestrogen.
- So far, the FDA and representatives from the plastics industry have resisted these requests, arguing compounds like bisphenol A do not leach out of plastic containers at high-enough levels to pose any health threat.
Definition of bisphenol A in:
- The British & World English dictionary