Definition of bitch in English:
1A female dog, wolf, fox, or otter.
- A female puppy or bitch reaches sexual maturity at roughly the same age as a male; however, there are variations among breeds and individuals.
- Both horses and hounds had central heating by flues and the dog kennel alone measured 405 feet long with numerous separate compartments for bitches, puppies and dogs.
- And, yes, being canine, a female wolf could also be called a bitch.
2 informal derogatory A spiteful or unpleasant woman.
- Watching that smile fade in to horror as she saw herself depicted as a two-faced, backstabbing, malicious bitch was even more priceless.
- Well, some girls specialise in married men because they're dumb, nasty bitches who genuinely dislike other women.
- I was being labeled as a volatile, malicious bitch, and whenever anyone said anything to me, they would cower slightly, as if they were just waiting for me to lash out at them.
3 (a bitch) informal A difficult or unpleasant situation or thing: the stove is a bitch to fix
More example sentences
- Also, nightshifts are a bitch to write blogposts in.
- What a bitch, what an absolute and complete bitch.
- It's a bitch being so multi-talented - an ideal host, an excellent chef, a friend to the stars, a masterful party DJ.
verb[no object] informal Back to top
Express displeasure; grumble: they bitch about everything (as noun bitching) we’re tired of your bitching
More example sentences
- Our movie session finished at 12 am and I was too tired to bitch about the movie.
- I did struggle at times with the workload, but I always met my deadlines, I didn't bitch about it and always showed flexibility and excellent change management skills.
- Later I went all the way up to 86th and Lex, which, though I like to bitch about going to the Upper East Side, or, for that matter, the Upper Anything, took me no time at all.
Words that rhyme with bitchbewitch, ditch, enrich, fitch, flitch, glitch, hitch, itch, kitsch, Mitch, pitch, quitch, rich, snitch, stitch, switch, titch, twitch, which, witch
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan