- 1A digital currency in which transactions can be performed without the need for a central bank: I don’t know if bitcoin is destined to succeed as the global currencyMore example sentences
- What can I buy with bitcoin?
- It's still early days, and bitcoin is not without its share of problems.
- People trading bitcoin on the Tokyo-based exchange saw its price hit US $266 at one point, then fall to as low as $105 with high lag times for trades.
- 1.1A unit of bitcoin: bitcoins can be used for online transactions between individualsMore example sentences
- In an era of e-tickets, bitcoins and app-based banking, it seems pretty antiquated that we still have to fumble through our wallets for an insurance card each time we go to the doctor's office.
- That's just the moment that hackers - who probably didn't believe their luck at first - got into his network, making off with a cool quarter-million's worth of bitcoins he had in his possession.
- Last week, Reddit announced it would accept the currency for its Gold membership, while a US start-up is taking bitcoins as payment for pizza.
More definitions of bitcoinDefinition of bitcoin in:
- The British & World English dictionary