noun[usually in plural]
verb[with object] Back to top
- Coil or fasten around the bitts.More example sentences
- The chain is then passed through the hawse-hole and round the windlass, and bitted.
- Probably the cables were bitted to this beam when the ship rode at anchor.
- As they were looking for the chains, it was found that they were secured at the bows, by lashing or otherwise, to the hulk's anchor chain, the end of the latter being led in through the hawse-pipe, around the windlass and bitted.
More definitions of bittDefinition of bitt in:
- The British & World English dictionary