- A plant with small white flowers that grows widely as a weed of temperate areas, especially in damp soils.
More example sentences
- Genus Cardamine, family Brassicaceae: several species, in particular the Pennsylvania bittercress (C. pensylvanica) of North America
- Some weeds, such as chickweed, common groundsel, and bittercress, may germinate and grow at almost any time of year.
- Canlamine impatiens L., the narrowleaf bittercress, is an annual or biennial herb native to Eurasia that has become naturalized in many parts of the eastern United States.
- The woods contain an area of rare wet woodland - a government priority habitat - featuring rare marsh marigold and bittercress.
More definitions of bittercressDefinition of bittercress in:
- The British & World English dictionary