Definition of bituminize in English:
Convert into, impregnate with, or cover with bitumen.
- They will also bituminise the community's main road to reduce the risk of dust-borne health hazards.
- That layer was, by the time of the events with which I am concerned, if not from the outset, covered in bituminised felt.
- The hydrocarbon migration history of the basin has important implications for understanding the textural relationship between gold, bituminized oil and uraninite in the giant gold-uranium-pyrite ore deposits.
- Example sentences
- This surface was durable but slippery, and bituminisation was soon added to the procedure.
- At the end of 2001 total amount of concentrates treated by bituminization reached 941,7 m.
- During the bituminization stage, the neutralized byproduct is mixed with hot petroleum asphalt and solidified.
Definition of bituminize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan