- 1Discolored by bruising: a black-and-blue mark on his armMore example sentences
- Adam would have smiled at the compliment but the black and blue discolorations on his cheeks halted him from doing so.
- Her face and hands and any other skin that was visible was black and blue with bruises.
- She was gingerly fingering the black and blue bruise under her eye that showed up as a shadow in spite of the diligent make up.
- 1.1(Of a person) covered in bruises: they were both black and blue the day after the accidentMore example sentences
- She suffered a badly cut leg and was black and blue with bruising.
- So anyway, he was black and blue too, but his injury was all covered by hair.
- Physically it had torn her up, broken her, left her with bruises with weeks, everywhere, black and blue.
More definitions of black and blueDefinition of black and blue in:
- The British & World English dictionary