noun(usually the black art)
- 1 another term for black magic.More example sentences
- It appears to get there by some black magic known only to those with knowledge of the black arts.
- Faustus calls on them to teach him the black arts.
- A man named Seveni, a master of the black arts, brainwashed the country into a revolt against its own king and queen.
- 1.1often • humorous A technique or practice considered mysterious and sinister: the black art of political news managementMore example sentences
- Prior to the 1970s, cryptography was a black art, understood and practised by only a few government and military personnel.
- In the following centuries the sophists became masters of rhetoric, and taught this sometimes black art to the politicians and lawmen of their day.
- In the black art of politics, as in the basics of comedy, timing is everything.
More definitions of black artDefinition of black art in:
- The British & World English dictionary