Definition of black bean in English:
1Either of two cultivated varieties of bean plant having small black seeds.
- However, other relatives are the navy bean, black beans and pinto beans.
- Some of these varieties include Huron and Mackinac navy beans, Redhawk dark-red kidney beans, and - this year - Jaguar and Phantom black beans.
- Landcare representatives say whilst the black bean is a local species it is not native to the coast and goes against Council's vegetation management plans.
1.1The dried seed of the black bean plants, used as a vegetable.
- For the black bean truffle sauce: In a small saucepan, add the black beans and water and bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- When I'm in Brazil I eat our classic stew of black bean, rice, flour and beef, which our cook makes for us.
- Apples, bananas, green beans and black beans all contain lots of carbs-and they're super good for you!
Definition of black bean in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan