- A popular US dance of the 1920s.More example sentences
- Her revue, Le Jazz Hot, included vernacular forms like the shimmy, black bottom, shorty george and the cakewalk.
- The dance known as the black bottom started in New Orleans and later worked its way to New York.
- In 1926, the stage play "Dinah" featured the black bottom and almost overnight the dance became as popular as the Charleston.
More definitions of black bottomDefinition of black bottom in:
- The British & World English dictionary