- 1A flight recorder in an aircraft.More example sentences
- The aircraft's black boxes could also hold the key to the accident.
- Both black boxes from the hijacked aircraft have also been recovered.
- The data recorder was one of the two black boxes aboard the flight.
- 1.1Any complex piece of equipment, typically a unit in an electronic system, with contents that are mysterious to the user.More example sentences
- Effectively a complex set of manual operations is automated, creating a black box for the end user with no wish to explore further.
- Can't we just piece together all the black boxes knowing only their input/output specifications and achieve a working solution?
- Even the best managers and most sophisticated thinkers start with the assumption that innovation is a mysterious black box.
More definitions of black boxDefinition of black box in:
- The British & World English dictionary