- A coarse, dark-colored type of rye bread.More example sentences
- The numerous kinds ranged in colour and solidity from the deep brown and dense German pumpernickel and the common Russian black bread, to the paler and lighter breads of Poland and Sweden.
- I've eaten black bread and Swiss cheese and drunk Jersey City beer, and it felt like the first meal of my life.
- Barrels of dark beer are consumed along with special sausages, black bread and other foods typical of Germany.
More definitions of black breadDefinition of black bread in:
- The British & World English dictionary