Definition of black-eyed Susan in English:
Any of a number of flowers that have yellowish petals and a dark center, in particular.
- ● A daisylike North American flower with bristly leaves and stems (Rudbeckia hirta and its hybrids, family Compositae). ● A slender tropical climber, grown as a popular indoor or greenhouse plant (Thunbergia alata, family Acanthaceae).
- Purple coneflower, black-eyed Susans, sedums and grasses should be left as they are; if they look particularly messy, plant a few stakes and tie the leaves up.
- How I loved those fields of wildflowers - especially the black-eyed Susans with their huge black eye surrounded by delicate petals of gold.
- He picked up his binoculars and they swayed over to the Rassaby garden, pink veils of roses tumbling over the fence, morning glories and orange nasturtiums tangled in black-eyed Susans.
Definition of black-eyed Susan in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan