- Used to indicate that someone is remembered and regarded with disfavor: an arrest will be a black mark on your record a black mark went down against him for turning down the jobMore example sentences
- The gas company has now removed the black mark from your record and is sending you back the £34.72 as an apology.
- It will also discourage defaulters, who will fear black marks on their credit record.
- It's a big black mark against her administrative record.
More definitions of black markDefinition of black mark in:
- The British & World English dictionary