- The advocacy of separate national status for black people, especially in the US.More example sentences
- These include the outlook of protest politics, Stalinism, bourgeois nationalism and forms of identity politics such as black nationalism.
- From the Beat generation to black nationalism to socialist revolution: what a long, strange, incendiary trip it's been, one that has inspired reams of commentary and criticism.
- The failures in Newark, combined with the factionalism and disillusion that followed the Gary convention, prompted him to abandon black nationalism for Marxism.
- More example sentences
- The article compares these comments with Street's own history as a community activist and black nationalist during the 1960s and 70s.
- Both leaders went aboard the ‘peace train’ to witness the start of talks between Rhodesia's white government and black nationalists who were demanding majority rule.
- There's a very hip young air force veteran who works the night shift so he can battle Cincinnati's black nationalists during the day on a radio talk show he hosts.
More definitions of black nationalismDefinition of black nationalism in:
- The British & World English dictionary