Definition of black nationalism in English:
The advocacy of separate national status for black people, especially in the US.
- These include the outlook of protest politics, Stalinism, bourgeois nationalism and forms of identity politics such as black nationalism.
- From the Beat generation to black nationalism to socialist revolution: what a long, strange, incendiary trip it's been, one that has inspired reams of commentary and criticism.
- The failures in Newark, combined with the factionalism and disillusion that followed the Gary convention, prompted him to abandon black nationalism for Marxism.
black nationalist noun
- Example sentences
- The article compares these comments with Street's own history as a community activist and black nationalist during the 1960s and 70s.
- Both leaders went aboard the ‘peace train’ to witness the start of talks between Rhodesia's white government and black nationalists who were demanding majority rule.
- There's a very hip young air force veteran who works the night shift so he can battle Cincinnati's black nationalists during the day on a radio talk show he hosts.
Definition of black nationalism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan