Definition of black rhinoceros in English:
A two-horned rhinoceros with a prehensile upper lip, found in Africa south of the Sahara.
- Diceros bicornis, family Rhinocerotidae
- One species that has fared particularly poorly is the black rhinoceros, the browsing species of rhino that is listed as critically endangered.
- But Fay hopes to prevent the area's elephants from sharing the fate of the black rhinoceros, which was poached to local extinction in the 1980s.
- The black rhinoceros is thought to be a solitary animal, yet it is a common phenomenon that they arrive at waterholes from separate locations at similar times of night.
Definition of black rhinoceros in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan