A two-horned rhinoceros with a prehensile upper lip, found in Africa south of the Sahara.
- Diceros bicornis, family Rhinocerotidae
More example sentences
- One species that has fared particularly poorly is the black rhinoceros, the browsing species of rhino that is listed as critically endangered.
- But Fay hopes to prevent the area's elephants from sharing the fate of the black rhinoceros, which was poached to local extinction in the 1980s.
- The black rhinoceros is thought to be a solitary animal, yet it is a common phenomenon that they arrive at waterholes from separate locations at similar times of night.
Definition of black rhinoceros in:
- The British & World English dictionary