- A disease of fruits and vegetables caused by bacteria or fungi, producing blackening, rotting, and shriveling.More example sentences
- Climatic conditions are conducive to the development of several major grape diseases, including: black rot, downy mildew and powdery mildew.
- It is important to remember that powdery mildew can be a serious problem during growing seasons when it is too dry for most other diseases, such as black rot or downy mildew, to develop.
- A site that provides for maximum air drainage which promotes faster drying of foliage can substantially reduce the risk of black rot and downy mildew.
More definitions of black rotDefinition of black rot in:
- The British & World English dictionary