- 1Tea of the most usual type, that is fully fermented before drying. Compare with green tea.More example sentences
- While black tea leaves are fermented, green tea is steamed and dried right after picking.
- Green tea, which is unfermented, and oolong, which is partially fermented, are popular in Asia, while in the West, fermented black tea - often taken with milk - is generally preferred.
- I grew up putting milk in my black tea but I drink iced tea and herbals unadulterated.
More definitions of black teaDefinition of black tea in:
- The British & World English dictionary