- 1A black bow tie worn with a dinner jacket.More example sentences
- Men at their sides may have been attired in black frock coats, over waistcoats, white wing-collar shirts, black ties and top hats.
- The boys were all in black dinner jackets and black ties.
- Every week they dress up in dinner jackets and black ties to visit old people's homes and sing old and well-loved songs to their delighted audiences.
More definitions of black tieDefinition of black tie in:
- The British & World English dictionary