Definition of blackbuck in English:
A small Indian gazelle, the horned male of which has a black back and white underbelly, the female being hornless.
- Antilope cervicapra, family Bovidae
- A ban on hunting and conservation measures contributed to the recovery of large mammals like the blue bull, the blackbuck, the wild boar, the wild ass, the Asiatic lion and the leopard.
- The chinkara scattered into the scrub as we approached but the blackbuck kept appearing and reappearing, leaping across our path as we drove through the desert.
- The operation to catch blackbucks in the Aluru area of Kurnool district gathered momentum with 25 deer being caught so far.
Definition of blackbuck in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.