- A small Indian gazelle, the horned male of which has a black back and white underbelly, the female being hornless.
More example sentences
- Antilope cervicapra, family Bovidae
- A ban on hunting and conservation measures contributed to the recovery of large mammals like the blue bull, the blackbuck, the wild boar, the wild ass, the Asiatic lion and the leopard.
- The chinkara scattered into the scrub as we approached but the blackbuck kept appearing and reappearing, leaping across our path as we drove through the desert.
- The operation to catch blackbucks in the Aluru area of Kurnool district gathered momentum with 25 deer being caught so far.
More definitions of blackbuckDefinition of blackbuck in:
- The British & World English dictionary