Definition of blackcap in English:
1A mainly European warbler with a black cap in the male and a reddish-brown one in the female.
- Sylvia atricapilla, family Sylviidae
- It is expected the chorus will include the blackcap, willow warbler and chiffchaff and others.
- We have planted over 800 native trees along the embankment, creating a wonderful habitat for warblers such as whitethroat, garden warbler and blackcap.
- The researchers cite as an example the European blackcap, a bird that traditionally breeds in Germany and then migrates southwest for the winter to Spain and Portugal.
Definition of blackcap in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.