Definition of blackcap in English:
1A mainly European warbler with a black cap in the male and a reddish-brown one in the female.
- Sylvia atricapilla, family Sylviidae
- It is expected the chorus will include the blackcap, willow warbler and chiffchaff and others.
- We have planted over 800 native trees along the embankment, creating a wonderful habitat for warblers such as whitethroat, garden warbler and blackcap.
- The researchers cite as an example the European blackcap, a bird that traditionally breeds in Germany and then migrates southwest for the winter to Spain and Portugal.
Definition of blackcap in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan