- 1A mainly European warbler with a black cap in the male and a reddish-brown one in the female.
More example sentences
- Sylvia atricapilla, family Sylviidae
- It is expected the chorus will include the blackcap, willow warbler and chiffchaff and others.
- We have planted over 800 native trees along the embankment, creating a wonderful habitat for warblers such as whitethroat, garden warbler and blackcap.
- The researchers cite as an example the European blackcap, a bird that traditionally breeds in Germany and then migrates southwest for the winter to Spain and Portugal.
- 2North American The black-capped chickadee. See chickadee.
More definitions of blackcapDefinition of blackcap in:
- The British & World English dictionary