1chiefly North American A gambling card game in which players try to acquire cards with a face value as close as possible to 21 without going over. Also called twenty-one, vingt-et-un.
- The site offers slots, roulette and animated card games including poker and blackjack.
- In a game such as blackjack, an astute player can try to memorize the cards already played to have a better chance of predicting which cards will come up later.
- These men attended and enjoyed spectator sports, bet on prize fights and wrestling matches, and gambled at poker, blackjack, and dice.
2North American A short, leather-covered, typically lead-filled club with a flexible handle, used as a weapon.
- Firehoses were turned on and soon three thousand picketers, thugs, and police rumbled in the streets with clubs, blackjacks, wrenches, chains, and tear gas.
- Bats, clubs, sticks, blackjacks, Brazilian fighting rods, rocks, and Japanese club sticks are just a few of the more favored tools used in beating people to a pulp.
- Johnigan folded in half over the keyboard, giving Al the chance to bang him hard on the back of the head with a lead-weighted blackjack.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.