Definition of blackjack in English:
1chiefly North American A gambling card game in which players try to acquire cards with a face value as close as possible to 21 without going over. Also called twenty-one, vingt-et-un.
- The site offers slots, roulette and animated card games including poker and blackjack.
- In a game such as blackjack, an astute player can try to memorize the cards already played to have a better chance of predicting which cards will come up later.
- These men attended and enjoyed spectator sports, bet on prize fights and wrestling matches, and gambled at poker, blackjack, and dice.
2North American A short, leather-covered, typically lead-filled club with a flexible handle, used as a weapon.
- Firehoses were turned on and soon three thousand picketers, thugs, and police rumbled in the streets with clubs, blackjacks, wrenches, chains, and tear gas.
- Bats, clubs, sticks, blackjacks, Brazilian fighting rods, rocks, and Japanese club sticks are just a few of the more favored tools used in beating people to a pulp.
- Johnigan folded in half over the keyboard, giving Al the chance to bang him hard on the back of the head with a lead-weighted blackjack.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India