(also blackpoll warbler)
Definition of blackpoll in English:
A North American warbler, the male of which has a black cap, white cheeks, and white underparts streaked with black.
- Dendroica striata, subfamily Parulinae, family Emberizidae
- A palm warbler is sighted in a patch of willows, which also teems with catbirds, warbling vireos, yellow warblers, and a blackpoll or two.
- Palm warblers come early in the season, weeks before bay-breasteds and blackpolls, whose appearance indicates that the migration is winding down.
- Observations of common goldeneye and blackpoll warbler near Baker Lake were farther north than expected.
Definition of blackpoll in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.