Definition of bladder in English:
1A membranous sac in humans and other animals, in which urine is collected for excretion.
- Waste products from the blood are removed in the kidneys and stored in the bladder as urine.
- This maneuver requires that manual pressure be exerted on the abdomen over the bladder to express the urine.
- A small amount of urine drips constantly from your kidneys to your bladder through tubes called ureters.
2Anything inflated and hollow: an air bladder in the arch and collar of the shoe
More example sentences
- The device works by intermittently inflating a small rubber bladder in the back of the stocking.
- The clear tones of birdsong emerge from internal air sacs that can inflate and deflate, much like a bagpipe's bladder.
- He covered my leg in plaster of Paris strips again and then moulded them in place using an inflatable rubber bladder.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India