(also bladder wrack)
- A common brown shoreline seaweed that has tough straplike fronds containing air bladders that give buoyancy.
More example sentences
- Fucus vesiculosus, class Phaeophyceae
- The patch impregnated with extracts of a sea algae called bladderwrack is not a diet but naturally reduces appetite, helping slimmers to lose weight gradually.
- The doctor mentions a ‘botanical thyroid formula’ that she put her patient on, consisting of coleus, bladderwrack, guggul and so forth.
- You can walk over rough slabs, cannon-ball boulders, limpets and bladderwrack to delight in the over-the-waves-views all the way to the white cliffs of Flamborough Head.
More definitions of bladderwrackDefinition of bladderwrack in:
- The British & World English dictionary