- (usually blandishments) A flattering or pleasing statement or action used to persuade someone gently to do something: the blandishments of the travel brochureMore example sentences
- Despite all his blandishments, threats and persuasion, he did not get his heart's desire.
- It should not be enough that he was subjected to blandishments and payment in order to persuade him to give evidence.
- For the moment he has been resisting the president's blandishments and coaxing on the war policy.
More definitions of blandishmentDefinition of blandishment in:
- The British & World English dictionary