- Verse without rhyme, especially that which uses iambic pentameter.More example sentences
- I wrote a kind of heroic Shakespearean text in blank verse and rhyme about the city's history.
- He tabulated the total number of lines of blank verse, rhymed verse, and prose in each play, along with short and long lines, and lines with redundant syllables.
- She's written the screenplay in rhyming blank verse, a daring choice that's bound to offend critics hooked on ‘realism.’
More definitions of blank verseDefinition of blank verse in:
- The British & World English dictionary