- A dish consisting of white meat in a white sauce.More example sentences
- Soups, rabbit dishes, and dishes such as coq au vin, and blanquettes are often requested by those nostalgic for an era when long, slow cooking was the norm.
- The duck breast was unaccountably submerged in red wine, and the veal blanquette was flat.
- White pepper is usually used when dark specks would spoil the look of the dish, for example, in any white soups, in blanquette de veau etc.
French, based on blanc 'white'.
More definitions of blanquetteDefinition of blanquette in:
- The British & World English dictionary