Definition of blastogenesis in English:
3The development of lymphocytes into larger undifferentiated cells that can undergo mitosis.
- It was shown that spleen cells and infiltrating leukocytes isolated from well-functioning cardiac allografts in immunologically enhanced adult rats suppressed spontaneous blastogenesis of normal syngeneic cells in vitro.
- During 4 to 5 days of culturing with cytokines, high blastogenesis and heavy proliferation were noted in OSA lymphocyte cocultures as compared with control cocultures.
- Example sentences
- Results are expressed as a stimulation index of peripheral lymphocyte blastogenic response to antigens.
- The present study suggested that blastogenic responses of T lymphocytes were inhibited in acute T. gondii infection.
- The blastogenic signal is thereby prevented from activating the T effector cell and no blast transformation takes place.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.