Definition of blazer in English:
1A lightweight jacket, typically solid-colored, often worn as part of a uniform by members of a club, sports team, or school.
- He was wearing a white shirt, school tie, grey pants and a blue blazer with their school emblem on it.
- There are newbies in perfect, crisp school uniforms, blazers and everything.
- Townsend said Prince William talked to the boys about rugby and rowing after noticing the sports badges on their blazers.
1.1A plain jacket, typically dark blue, not forming part of a suit but considered appropriate for formal or semiformal wear.
- The cravat is favoured again, worn with blazers and tweed jackets, for outdoor sporting events and cocktail parties on patios.
- Light jackets, blazers or suits in a wool blend are best for work, unless you are in one of those ‘creative’ occupations which call for outfits of the decidedly ‘smart casual’ kind.
- Soft pastels, worn underneath jackets or blazers, will be popular, along with cream, and teamed with flashes of bright colour.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan