- 1The art of describing or painting heraldic devices or armorial bearings.More example sentences
- You will use the knowledge of heraldry and blazonry taught to you at great pains (mostly yours) by your father's herald to identify other characters and know them for friend or foe.
- The main blazonry rule is that a color cannot be placed on a color and a metal cannot be placed on a metal.
- This aspect of the work of the herald is armory and it is necessary to learn the language of blazonry.
- 1.1 [plural noun] Heraldic devices or armorial bearings.More example sentences
- It was felt by the heraldic writers of the time that such heavenly blazonry should be reserved for the highest nobility.
- The blazon must conform to the Composition Rules of Blazonry, which have evolved throughout history.
More definitions of blazonryDefinition of blazonry in:
- The British & World English dictionary