- A powder containing calcium hypochlorite, used chiefly to remove color from materials.More example sentences
- An ophthalmic surgeon, Mohan Rajan, explains that bleaching powder is nothing but alkali, and it penetrates the external layers of the eyeball and results in the total opacity of the cornea.
- In India alone it has already distributed 6,000 water storage tanks, 32 million tonnes of bleaching powder and three million chlorine tablets.
- The filtered water is then treated with bleaching powder to get rid of bacterial impurities.
More definitions of bleaching powderDefinition of bleaching powder in:
- The British & World English dictionary