Definition of bleb in English:
1A small blister on the skin.
- Interestingly, there were no other lesions (i.e., blebs or bullae) present.
- In the early stages of the disease the alveolar walls appear perfectly normal while in the later stages, fibrosis of the alveolar wall with blebs and bullae is common.
- Antimetabolites are used to decrease the likelihood of fibrosis and scar formation in blebs and to increase the success rate of infiltration.
1.1A small bubble in glass or in a fluid.
- Place the glass bleb flat-side down on top of the glue drop on the front of the Mars picture, pressing down to spread the glue, and centering the bleb.
- But I noticed that some of the rims have some manufacturer's flaws - one has a small bleb of extra glass and another has a slightly uneven rim.
- A bleb of glass with clinopyroxene and plagioclase is located below and to the right of the large plagioclase phenocryst.
1.2 Biology A rounded outgrowth on the surface of a cell.
- Plasma membrane blebs and cytoskeletal disruptions occur in association with intercellular and intracellular gaps exposing basement membrane.
- A few cells have numerous tiny blebs on the cell membrane and orange nuclei colored with EtBr, which indicates some disturbance of the plasma membrane permeability.
- The calculated membrane strains were in good agreement with experimentally observed and predicted strains in aspirated blebs from red blood cells.
Early 17th century: variant of blob.
Words that rhyme with blebAurangzeb, celeb, deb, ebb, pleb, reb, web, Webb
Definition of bleb in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan