1 informal A person who bleeds easily, especially a hemophiliac.
- He was a bleeder who suffered frequent joint haemorrhages.
- So I took my seat among the masses of cripples, ill, and bleeders.
- I was just going to compliment her when she exclaimed, dabbing the pin-prick with a pad of astringent, ‘Oh, you're a bleeder!’
1.1A blood vessel that bleeds freely during surgery.
- Missed stitches and bleeders are a known risk of surgery, as is death, so no claim against surgeon.
- Some Mid-Atlantic jurisdictions can continue to use such adjunct bleeder medications as amicar and tranex.
- Any small capillary bleeders that might be slightly oozing are also tamponaded with the pressure.
2 Baseball A ground ball that barely passes between two infielders.
- When used in nonsave situations, Escobar seemed frustrated by bleeps, infield-in bleeders and an inability to put hitters away with two strikes.
- As they say, even cripple bleeder singles look like line drives in the next day's box scores.
- ‘Let's try a nice little bleeder to the right,’ he says.
Words that rhyme with bleederAïda, Breda, cedar, conceder, corrida, Derrida, Elfreda, e-reader, Etheldreda, feeder, follow-my-leader, interceder, interpleader, kneader, leader, Leda, Lieder, misleader, pleader, reader, seceder, seeder, speeder, stampeder, succeeder, weeder
Definition of bleeder in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.